Let the renovation begin!

I'm finally starting with my dollhouse's renovation! The first house I'll be taking on is the "big house" with the base. I don't have names for the houses yet, except for the Mock Tudor, which is obvious.  I'll probably end up working on them all at the same time in the long run, but for now, I'm starting with this one:


This house has the least amount of work out of my three houses. It only has paper on the walls and floor of one room, and some glue left on the floor of a room in the roof. The base is in a good condition. I will just paint it in the same colour as the rest of the house, whatever that may be. I haven't decided on a colour yet. That being said.... the wallpaper and flooring in that single room was glued in PROPERLY! Meant to stick forever! It took me long enough, but with a damp sponge, mini palette knife, sand paper and some elbow grease I managed to finally get rid of most of it. I now only have the room in the roof left to strip and then I can sand down the whole house! Can't wait to start painting! 

Let me show you the process up to where I am now:

This was the interior of the house the day I brought it home


 Inside the roof. 


 Vacumed and dusted, ready to start stripping down the wallpaper.


 Halfway there!


 Almost done!


 Just a tiny glimpse of some of the paper scraps.


 And the worse is done! Now the sanding begins....!

I'm really enjoying this renovation process. Getting excited about the end result now! 
Until next time, keep well!

~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by Little Canvas! If you are a first time visitor, welcome! I would be honoured if you would take a moment to leave a comment; subscribe to my blog or like my Facebook page, Little Canvas. Do keep in touch, I love to hear from new (and old) friends! Until next time, keep well!